The Institute for Addiction Prevention (ISP) is the provincial agency for addiction prevention in Vienna. The main goals of addiction prevention are to promote health and prevent the development of addiction as well as to recognise addiction risks at an early stage. The task of the ISP is to develop, coordinate and network addiction prevention in Vienna. It offers a variety of measures and further training for different target groups in different fields of action.
Institute for Addiction Prevention (ISP) of the Addiction and Drug Coordination Vienna
- Modecenterstraße 14 / Block B / 2. OG
The services of the ISP refer to legal psychoactive substances (e.g. alcohol, tobacco) and illegal psychoactive substances (e.g. cannabis) as well as to behavioural addictions (e.g. pathological gambling):
- Further education and training of multipliers, such as educators, youth workers, works councillors, managers, social workers, psychologists, nurses, doctors, etc. on the basics and specific topics.
- Organisation of specialist events for different target groups
- Information materials and brochures
- Development of model projects
- Advice on measures
- Digital measures and self-help programmes to reduce consumption (e.g. www.canreduce.at, www.alkcoach.at)
Last modified: 26.06.2022